|2003-2007||Dodge Ram||2500/3500||5.9L Cummins|
Banks Ram-Air Intakes start out as CAD software prototypes and are put through flow simulations. The design is refined until the simulation shows optimal performance. Then a hardware prototype is made and the design is validated on a flowbench, then dyno testing and on-vehicle testing. Banks 42145-D cold-air intake with enclosed housing improves flow up to 64%, increases power and fuel economy, reduces exhaust gas temps (EGT) and sooty, black smoke.
The stock filter-on-a-stick design is wide-open to hot underhood engine air, and hot air robs your Dodge Ram of power. Banks Ram-Air houses a giant lifetime filter in an enclosed cold-air box, which inhales up to 64% more cool, dense outside air than stock for more power and mileage, lower EGTs and less smoke pluming from your 5.9L Cummins. Banks Ram-Air is the only aftermarket intake with bellows which accommodates engine movement and prevents component damage for longer service life.
Part Number: 42145-D
- Enclosed housing
- Dry Air Filter Element/Oiled Air Filter Element
- Giant filter maximizes high-flow filtration
- 4.5" bellows to accommodate engine movement
- 5-year Limited Warranty (Filter: Lifetime Limited Warranty)
- Reduces exhaust gas temps (EGTs) and smoke
- Outflows stock and competitors up to 64%
- Designed to not cause fault or error codes.