Fits: Universal Powerstroke & Cummins
Note: May require modification to use on a 6.4L
No matter if they are big or small, boost leaks can rob your engine of power, spike EGT's and affect the overall performance of your diesel truck.
Even the most skilled installers can create a boost leak somewhere in the system. The KC Turbos 300852 Universal Boost Leak Detector fits on the inlet of the turbo. You will use your current clamp from your air intake to connect this detector to the turbo. You will then pressurize the system all the way on the gauge with an air compressor, then close the fill valve. The needle should take about 45 seconds to drop down to zero. If it goes faster, you might have a leak. Often times the boost leak will make a loud squeal and then you will have to chase it down with your ear. Putting soap and water in a spray bottle can help you find slow boost leaks. Just spray the solution on boots, intake manifold gaskets and any other connection point to visualize the air leaking.
Part Number: 300852, 302259, 302258
- Milton M-style/D or I/M Industrial Connector
- Billet Aluminum
- 4" Boot Connector for MOST applications
- Psi Gauge for Easy Check
- Shut of Valve
- Choose from:
- 4" turbo inlet boot connector for MOST applications
- 3.5" turbo inlet boot connector for OBS/e99 (typically for upgraded turbos)
- 3" turbo inlet boot connector for OBS/e99 (typically for stock size turbos)
- Please note that there is no warranty on any DIY products
- May Require Modification to use on a 6.4