Fits: 2019-2020 Dodge Ram w/ 6.7L Cummins
Go back to a simpler time, when things worked and you could rely on your Cummins fuel system. Since the introduction of the common rail fuel system in 2003, all Dodge 5.9L/6.7L Cummins Rams were equipped with a reliable Bosch CP3 high-pressure fuel pump. Then in 2019, Cummins made major changes and switched to a Bosch CP4.2 pump which has seen its share of problems in the GM and Ford Applications. Due to the CP4's lower volume output, Cummins had to increase the drive ratio of the pump and turn it faster to keep up with fuel demand.
By installing a CP3 with the BD conversion kit, you can take advantage of this overdrive. The CP3's larger volume combined with this increased drive ratio allows you to supply more fuel for increased power potential! The CP4 is also susceptible to catastrophic failure. When disaster strikes, the entire fuel system requires replacement after metal debris from the failed pump spreads throughout. Cleaning the tank, replacing lines and injectors, and, of course, a new pump can end up costing you in excess of $10,000 in repairs! Prevent a costly failure, increase power and add durability by backdating your Cummins to a CP3 with a conversion kit from BD Diesel. This kit comes with everything you need for the install, and does not require tuning! Kits are available with or without a stock CP3 pump, and, are also available with a high-performance R900 stroker pump.
Part Number: 1050490, 1050491, & 1050492
- Replaces CP4 injection pump with reliable CP3 pump
- Designed for use with Duramax Style CP3 pump
- CP3 pumps 25% more volume than CP4
- No tuning required
- EPA compliant
- Available with or without CP3 pump
- Also available with an R900 Stroker pump (#1050651)
- No core charge
- Conversion is EPA compliant on its own - any additional alterations to the fuel system (tuners/programmers/injectors) may not be EPA compliant
- Not for sale on licensed California vehicles
- 3 Hours
- Longer install time with Cummins model CP3 pump
- 12-Months on Parts
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.