|2017-2019||Ford||F250/F350 Super Duty w/ 6.7L Powerstroke|
Note: For trucks equipped with 2-Leaf main rear leaf pack only. Click here to view an example.
These 6" 4-link systems are built around BDS's tried and true 4-link conversion offering improved stability, strength and caster control during wheel travel. The 4-link brackets are built from 1/4" steel and key off the factory frame bracket and transmission crossmember for extra strength. Full-length 6" ProRide coil springs are used for the additional ride height and are paired with BDS NX2 series gas shocks for a smooth ride on any terrain. A forged drop pitman arm and heavy-duty track bar relocation bracket are supplied to correct steering angles and recenter the front axle. Also supplied for the front are bump stop extensions to limit suspension compression, sway bar drop brackets to correct the sway bar positioning, and brake line relocation brackets. The 2017 models use a new front driveline design that requires correction at 6" of lift and above to allow for use of 4WD at any speed. To do this BDS supplies a high-strength transfer case indexing ring to rotate the front output of the transfer case down to improve the front driveline operating angle. The indexing ring uses ARP studs and includes new mounting hardware. BDS also gives you a heavy-duty replacement transmission crossmember to allow additional clearance.
In the rear of these 6" systems, BDS utilizes a 6" replacement block and u-bolt kit for the 2-leaf trucks. The blocks are built from high-strength, fully-boxed steel with an integrated bump stop wing. Both the blocks and u-bolts are finished in a durable black e-coat finish. In addition to the block kit, the 2-leaf trucks receive an add-a-leaf to level the stance. Finishing off the rear of this kit is a pair of matching NX2 gas shocks to compliment the front setup for all-around impressive performance. These new 6" 4-link systems allow for clearance of up to 38" tires.
- 4-Link front suspension design that replaces the factory radius arms. 4-Link design optimizes the suspension and front driveline geometry thru full-wheel travel.
- 4-Link brackets are made from 1/4" steel and mount directly to the factory radius arm frame brackets. Brackets also mount to the factory transmission cross member creating an extremely strong anchor for the new 4-link control arms
- Upper and lower 4-link control arms are made from heavy wall 2" OD DOM steel tubing. Massive 2-1/2" greaseable polyurethane bushings create the connection at the new frame mount while the opposite clevis end mounts to the OE rubber bushings at the axle. The lower arms incorporate cam lock washers to fine-tune axle position for caster.
- The combination of a replacement track bar bracket and dropped pitman arm decrease steering operating angles and center the axle. A replacement single steering stabilizer comes standard with the lift system
- Sway bar drop brackets and brake line relocation hardware compensate for the added ride height
- Full replacement coil springs pair perfectly with standard NX2 shocks
- A transfer case indexing kit is included to alleviate front driveline angles and allow correct operation of the 4wd system at all speeds. The indexing kit includes an indexing plate w/hardware and full replacement heavy-duty transmission crossmember.
- Block/add-a-leaf kit for factory 2-leaf main springs.
- NX2 Rear shocks
- Allow for clearance of up to 38" tires.
Tire & Wheel Combinations:
- 38 x 13.50 w/ 17 x 9 and 4.5" - 5"
- 38 x 13.50 w/ 17 x 10 and 5"
- 38 x 13.50 w/ 20 x 10 and 5"
- If equipped with a 2-piece rear driveshaft, a Carrier Bearing Drop Kit may be required (BDS123402)
- 38 x 13.50 tires may require minor trimming.
- Some models may be factory equipped with a 2-leaf main rear leaf spring pack and others a 3-leaf main. Be sure to order the correct option when customizing your kit.
- The transfer case indexing ring will not fit 6.2L vehicles equipped with the 6R100 transmission.
- If your truck is equipped with a factory rear sway bar add: 123808
- The indexing ring has not been designed to work on manual-shift transfer case models. Modification to the shift cable mount will be required.
- Diesel trucks ONLY.
- Click Here For Installation Instructions
- Difficulty: 4 (where 1 = easiest and 5 = complicated)
- Install Time: 8-10 hours
Part Number: BDS1527H
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.