||Canyon & Colorado||2.8L Duramax|
Like having a fire extinguisher in your house or an earthquake kit, it's always better to be prepared. Although rare, a diesel engine runaway is caused when external hydrocarbons are drawn into the engine and can cause overspeeding and catastrophic engine failure. If this occurs, Life, limb and your vehicle are put in jeopardy. BD Diesel Performance has you covered should the worst happen with the BD 1036760 Electronic Positive Air Shut-Off (PAS) by cutting the intake air supply to the cylinders and safely shutting down the engine. The E-PAS controls the electronic throttle body in the intake manifold (which is found on most late model diesel engines) by closing it to shut off the air supply in emergency situations. The E-PAS can be easily installed in less than 1.5 hours with factory plug-in connectors and pre-made wiring harnesses. It also automatically resets itself after shutdown and can be easily removed for truck lease returns.
BD Diesel Part Number: 1036760
- Emergency Engine Shutdown
- Over speed shut down control utilizing built-in Intake Air control valve
- Safely shuts your engine down if over speeding
- Can be installed in less than 1.5 hours
- Factory plug-in connections and wiring harness
- Save 3 hours of installation labour over mechanical systems
- Does not set ECM Trouble codes
- Automatically resets after shut down
- Only the switch needs a tool to install
- Easily removed for truck lease returns
- 24,000 Miles
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.