|2007-2010||GMC/Chevy||2500/3500||6.6L Duramax, LMM|
Banks Ram-Air Intakes start out as CAD software prototypes and are put through flow simulations. The design is refined until the simulation shows optimal performance. Then a hardware prototype is made and the design is validated on a flowbench, then dyno testing and on-vehicle testing. Banks 42172-D cold-air intake with enclosed housing, huge inlet, and dome-shaped filter improves flow up to 47%, increases power and fuel economy, reduces exhaust gas temps (EGT) and sooty, black smoke. The stock filter-on-a-stick design is wide-open to hot underhood engine air, and hot air robs your GMC/Chevy of power.
Part Number: 42172-D
- Enclosed housing
- Dry Air Filter Element/Oiled Air Filter Element
- Giant filter maximizes high-flow filtration
- 5" bellows to accommodate engine movement
- Extends service life and requires fewer cleanings
- 5-year Limited Warranty (Filter: Lifetime Limited Warranty)
- 47% more airflow over stock
- Easy filter access for monitoring and cleaning
- Designed to not cause fault or error codes.