Fits: 2003 Ford F-Series w/ 6.0L Powerstroke
The most common points of failure on the Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Y-Pipe are the corrugated bellows which become heat-fatigued and crack over time causing power-robbing pre-turbo exhaust leaks. Replacing the stock flex joints can cost you considerable time and money for a repair that will only fail again in time. However, deleting them altogether in favour of straight tubing can cause serious long term damage from heat expansion and vibration that can cause stress fractures and more exhaust leaks.
On the Sinister Diesel Y-Pipes for the 6.0L Powerstroke, they have opted to get rid of the factory bellows-style joints in favour of a much stronger and longer-lasting double slip flex joint. The new design still allows the upper and lower sections of the Y-Pipes to move due to heat expansion while maintaining a complete seal. The double slip joint even allows for flexibility to accommodate aftermarket turbo kits.
Sinister Diesel SD-YPIPE-6.0-EGR-RC Y-Pipes are made from stainless steel tubing and solid stainless steel CNC flanges. All seams are TIG welded on a fixture for precise fitment tolerances and then back-purged for the highest quality and strongest welds possible.
Part Number: SD-YPIPE-6.0-EGR-RC
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Mandrel Bent Tubing
- CNC Machined Flanges
- Fully TIG welded and back-purged
- Raw stainless steel finish
- Kit Includes (1) Sinister Diesel Y-Pipe and Up-Pipe
- Sinister guarantees that the seams and double slip flex joints will not leak. They have spent countless hours testing, fitting and fabricating these slip joints so that they can/will expand and contract with the heat, but with this design, as they heat up, they only seal better. Without the paper-thin bellows, there is simply no place for the steel to fatigue and crack.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.