|2002-2004||Chevy/GMC||2500/3500||6.6L Duramax, LB7|
The Banks Power 25977 Intercooler system optimizes the boosted air density in your 6.6L Duramax for higher continuous power and lower exhaust gas temperatures (EGT). The stock intercooler is riddled with restrictions that cause turbulence, which chokes airflow and power. Banks minimizes airflow restrictions by making the flow area bigger throughout, from the 3" mandrel-bent boost tubes to the 25% thicker core, which has an impressive 34% increase in flow volume. Most competitors have poorly-designed sheet metal end tanks with square corners that disrupt airflow. Techni-Cooler large, high-efficiency custom-machined end tanks have two advantages: The streamlined design and rounded corners improve airflow; Banks cast end tanks will never melt or burst under high-boost conditions like stock GMC/Chevy end tanks. Removing restrictions and improving airflow lowers boost air temps to increase the density and oxygen content of air entering the engine, which amplifies power, lowers EGTs and improves fuel economy. When EGTs are tamed, the tuner doesn't need to limit fuel delivery so you get higher continuous, usable power and more safe power at any EGT.
Banks Part Number: 25977
- Improves Power, Durability and Fuel Economy
- Dramatically increases air density
- Cooler EGTs, more MPG and constant-duty power
- High-efficiency custom-machined durable cast end tanks
- Wide-open inlet and outlet
- Reduces boost pressure loss
- 5-year Warranty
- 3" mandrel-bent boost tubes
- High-efficiency custom-machined end tanks
- 25% thicker core with 34% more volume
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.