Fits: 2001-2016 Dodge LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM & LML w/ 6.6L Duramax
H series bearings have a medium level of eccentricity, and high crush and rod bearings have a hardened steel back and thin overlay. These bearings also have enlarged chamfers for greater crankshaft fillet clearance and are made without flash plating for better seating.
The biggest benefit of coated bearings is preventing damage during cold starts and events where oil starvation is evident. Starting your car is almost the worst thing you can do as the oil has had time to drain out of the engine back into the pan. The oil is cold and thicker and takes time to get circulated throughout the engine, including to the crank bearings. The added dry film lubricant coating acts as a barrier between the bearing surface and the crank journal. Other benefits are less friction and longer bearing and crank journal life. The special coating also has moly and other ingredients that retain oil rather than repel it.
Part Number: MS-2218HX
- The added dry film lubricant coating acts as a barrier between the bearing surface and the crank journal.
- The HX series bearings have and .001 extra clearance
- Less friction and longer bearing and crank journal life.
- Special coating also has moly and other ingredients that retain oil rather than repel it.
- Industrial Injection will consistently deliver the best products for your light, medium, & heavy-duty diesel.
- Quality made
- Sold as a complete set
- These H and HX Clevite bearings were developed primarily for use in NASCAR-type racing but are suitable for all types of competition engines.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.