Fits: 1999 Ford F-Series w/ 7.3L Powerstroke
Supports: Up to 238cc/80% injectors
The KC Turbos 300451 KC38R 66mm/73mm Turbocharger is a perfect example of how modern turbo technology can completely transform a 20-year-old turbo design.
Generally, most people end up focusing too much on the "compressor wheel" since that is what we can typically see. However 90% of the "turbo magic" comes from the turbine side of the turbo, which is where KC Turbos has done their due diligence to make this the best option on the market. No other drop-in 7.3L turbo on the market runs a larger shaft. They have increased the thickness of the shaft from 6.4mm to a whopping 7.5mm in order to support the extra power, which helps make KC Turbos even more robust. Modelled after the 366SXE compressor wheel, the KC Turbos Compressor Wheel has the same profile, shape, and blade style, however, it utilizes a Larger 7x7 wheel and is reverse rotation. This wheel is not only bigger but much stronger!
Part Number: 300451
- 4" ported housing with drilled hole anti-surge for high flow
- KC Turbos 66mm 7x7 SXE compressor wheel
- 73mm SXE style turbine wheel
- Big Head Waste-gate Actuator for elevated boost control
- High Flow deleted EBPV outlet flange
- Dual Ball Bearing turbo
- 100% drop in turbo
- Comes with all gaskets and o-rings to install
- Comes with new 4" intake boot
- Supports: Up to 238cc/80% injectors
- If you have a Plastic CCV Or CCV Mod PLEASE EMAIL YOUR ORDER # WITH THE TYPE OF CCV YOU HAVE. This will affect the type of boot sent with the turbo.
- Most turbochargers will typically come sand-cast unless specifically requested, however, a polished cover may be added for an additional fee.
- Recommend adding these products for best results
- Upgrading your Up-Pipes
- Upgrading EBPV Pedestals
- Running custom tuning
- EXHAUST BRAKES: Do exhaust brakes work with KC turbos? KC Turbos has found that some brands have clearance issues and might cause the brake to hinder performance, rub the turbine wheel, or cause other issues. These brakes typically use some sort of flapper to close which causes extreme exhaust back pressure to aid in braking. This can be hard on a turbo and motor and is not recommended. It will be up to the customer to verify fitment and functionality.
- KC turbos are designed to fit directly in 7.3 equipped pick-up trucks. Although KC turbos can drop into 7.3 equipped Vans, you will need to modify the turbo intake boot and down-pipe for proper fitment.
- All KC Turbos are assembled and built in the United States. They will be special order until we have good stock and may take up to two weeks for delivery. Let us know if you're in a rush so we can get them rushed up!