Fits: 1999-2003 Powerstroke F-Series w/ 7.3L Powerstroke
Add years of life to your Ford Super Duty F-250, F-350 & Excursion 7.3 Liter diesel engine with this Water Coolant Filter Bypass System. Removing contaminates such as the casting sand and metal shavings (from the casting and machining process when your Powerstroke engine was made) means your Powerstroke's water pump, EGR cooler, and engine oil cooler will last longer. This kit is designed to bypass and filter small amounts of the engine’s coolant while your diesel engine is running.
The CNC machined billet 6061 aluminum anodized construction filter boss attaches to a supplied bracket, which mounts to factory holes in your Ford Super Duty chassis. Filter boss includes 2 threaded inlet ports and 1 outlet port. This kit includes all fittings needed for installation. The filter can be easily unscrewed for replacement. We recommend replacement of the first filter at 500 miles with the replacement of the second and third filters is at 3,000 miles each. After 3 changes, filter replacement can be done once a year. The silicone hoses fittings are pre-assembled for simple, leak-proof connections that factory tested at twice the recommended radiator cap pressure. An included mounting bracket installs into factory holes and no drilling is required.
Part Number: SD-COOLFIL-7.3-W
- Construction - Aluminum Filter Block, Silicone Hose
- Product Design - CNC Machined
- Performance Notes - Cleaner coolant for longer engine life
- Kit Includes - CAT Coolant Filter, Filter Block, Mounting Bracket, and all hardware needed for installation.
- Special Note - Recommended Tools: 9/16”, 13/16” wrench, 8mm socket, 3/8” 12 point socket or 5/16” combination wrench, large adjustable wrench, regular screwdriver, utility knife, diagonal cutters
- Genuine WIX Coolant Filter
- Filter Block
- Mounting Bracket
- Installation Hardware
- Approximately 2-hours (Time may vary based on experience)
- Click Here To Download Installation Instructions
- Recommended Tools:
- 9/16” & 13/16” wrench
- 8mm socket & 3/8” 12 point socket or 5/16” combination wrench
- Large adjustable wrench
- Regular screwdriver
- Utility knife
- Diagonal cutters
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.