Fits: 1994-1997 Dodge Ram w/ 5.9L Cummins
The Sun Coast 618-BFP Billet Flex Plate for your 1994-2007 Dodge 5.9L Cummins is a must have when it comes to putting power to the ground in your truck. The high torque of your Cummins in conjunction with a better-designed torque converter can transfer the torque with no slip. The flex plate is bolted to the crankshaft, then the converter is bolted to flex plate. The torque from your Cummins is transferred to the flexplate, from the flex plate to the torque converter then to your input shaft in the trans. With increased torque from the engine and no slip out of the converter, it can crack and/or rip the center out of a stock flex plate.
The Sun Coast billet flywheels are CNC machined from a forging for strength and reliefs are machined out between the converter mounting area and the crank flange to enable some flex.
Part Number: 618-BFP
- Exceed 29.3 SFI Specifications
- Replaces Factory Flex Plate
- Billet Construction
- A SFI certified flywheel flex plate is required on drag racing vehicles running 11.99 and quicker in the 1/4 mile and 7.49 and quicker in the 1/8 mile, or any vehicle exceeding 135mph. It was changed in 2008 from the 29.1 SFI specification to the SFI specification 29.3 for automatic transmission flexplates for diesel applications.
- The new rules for the flexplate require that the material cannot be a stamped metal as many OEM and aftermarket flexplates are.
- To maintain the SFI specification 29.3 requirements, the flex plate must be replaced every three years.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.