Banks Ram-Air Intakes start out as CAD software prototypes, are put through flow simulations and the design is refined until the simulation shows optimal performance. Then a hardware prototype is made and the design is validated on a flowbench, then dyno testing and on-vehicle testing. Banks 42225-D cold-air intake with enclosed housing, huge inlet/outlet, and conical-shaped filter improves flow up to 33%, increases power and fuel economy, reduces exhaust gas temps (EGT) and sooty, black smoke. The stock design is wide-open to hot underhood engine air, and hot air robs your Dodge Ram of power. Banks Ram-Air houses a giant lifetime filter in an enclosed cold-air box, which inhales more cool, dense outside air than stock for more power and mileage, lower EGTs and less smoke pluming from your 5.9L Cummins. Banks 42225-D Ram-Air accommodates engine movement to prevent component damage for longer service life. Please note: This Ram-Air intake system Cannot be installed on a vehicle with the Banks Brake.
Part Number: 42225-D
- Enclosed housing
- Dry Air Filter Element/Oiled Air Filter Element
- Giant filter maximizes high-flow filtration
- Accommodates engine movement
- Huge cold-air inlet. Extra large outlet.
- Extends service life and requires fewer cleanings
- 5-year Limited Warranty (Filter: Lifetime Limited Warranty)
- 35% more airflow over stock
- Will Not Work With Banks Brake