Fits: 1989-2002 Dodge Ram w/ 5.9L Cummins
The coolant pressure inside the engine block can reach 70+psi at high rpm before the thermostat fully opens. This will cause a corroded frost plug to leak. The BD rear frost plug is able to seal the leak without the need to hammer out the old frost plug. BD recommends installing the rear frost plug plate when the transmission is removed. The plate can be installed with the transmission in place. However, the surface finish on the back of the motor is critical and must be checked prior to use.
Part Number: 1040022
- Works with the frost plug in place, blown out, or leaking
- No need to punch the old frost plug out
- Utilizes one large #333 O-ring
- Works with and without a TCC crossover tube
- The perfect time to install one is when the transmission is removed!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.