2007.5-2017 Cummins 4" Remote Mount Exhaust Brake w/ Compressor (1027344)
Part Number: 1027344
Fits: 2007.5-2017 Dodge Ram w/ 6.7L Cummins, Non-VGT Turbo & 4" Exhaust
It has been almost 30 years since BD started shipping their first exhaust brakes. With that many hill and mountain roads experienced, BD used the knowledge gained to continue to deliver the best-designed exhaust brake for your application. Incorporating BD's exclusive Variable Orifice Technology, BD's solid, offset butterfly, spring-loaded cylinder and pressure regulation provides up to 150 retarding horsepower throughout the engine's RPM range - not just at high rpm like some designs that use holes or additional parts and claim it as a better idea. A range of rugged, cast-iron housings for Dodge, Ford, Chevy and motor home applications that incorporate BD's exclusive alumibronze bushing, piston ring seals and stainless steel butterfly shaft has proven to stand up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust environment. BD's butterfly valve and rotating shaft are made of stainless steel to resist corrosion. An air compressor is included in most kits for newer pick-up trucks.
Part Number: 1027344
- Ideal for applications where installed aftermarket performance turbo will not facilitate turbo mount exhaust brake
- BD's exclusive Variable Orifice Technology
- BD's solid, offset butterfly
- Spring-loaded cylinder
- Pressure regulation
- Provides up to 150 retarding horsepower throughout the engine's RPM range
- Rugged, cast-iron housings
- BD's exclusive alumibronze bushing
- Piston ring-seals
- Stainless steel butterfly shaft
- Proven to stand up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust environment
- All mounting hardware is made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- Air compressor included
- There's a reason why the BD Brake is the most widely-recognized diesel exhaust brake in the industry: It's the best! Compare it to the competition, and you'll see why.
- Currently, this product has been tested with Bullydog and H&S tuners. Please check with your tuner if using EFI (EZ Lynk) or HP Tuners as these products have been known to have compatibility issues.
- Exhaust Back Pressure test gauge kit 1030050 suggested for the set-up of exhaust brakes
- Will work on 2018-up models but requires special engine tuning - refer to installation manual for details
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.