Fits: 2007.5-2009 Dodge Ram w/ 6.7L Cummins
Like having a fire extinguisher in your house or an earthquake kit, it's always better to be prepared. Although rare, a diesel engine runaway is caused when external hydrocarbons are drawn into the engine and can cause overspeeding and catastrophic engine failure. If this occurs, Life, limb, and your vehicle are put in jeopardy. BD Diesel Performance has you covered should the worst happen with the BD 1036723 Positive Air Shut-Off (PAS) by cutting the intake air supply to the cylinders and safely shutting down the engine. The Positive Air Shut-Off butterfly valve design simplifies the number of parts and reduces the overall size as compared to competitive units and uses aluminum and stainless components plus weatherproof electrical connectors to prevent corrosion. There is no need for welding with the bead boot locks making an easy installation. CAC pipes are included for some vehicles.
- Emergency Engine Shutdown
- The most effective method to emergency shutdown engine is to cut the air supply
- Butterfly valve placed in-line in the air intake system
- Heavy-duty electrical solenoid trips a locked safety cam causing the engine to shut down within seconds
- Unique locking lever holds the valve
- Unique bead lock keeps boots in place, no welding required!
- Reduced overall size as compared to competitive units
- Aluminum and stainless components plus weatherproof electrical connectors to prevent corrosion
- CAC pipes included for some vehicles
- Automatic engine Overspeed electronics
- 2 Year BD Warranty
Part Number: 1036723