Fits: 1999-2003 Ford F-Series w/ 7.3L Powerstroke
The 7.3L PowerStroke diesel engine is known for its power, and that power is due in large part to the high-pressure direct fuel injection design. This advanced fuel injection system is controlled by the injector drive module (IDM), which works with the vehicle’s on-board computer, and it is responsible for developing the high-voltage signals necessary to actuate the Hydraulic Electronic Unit Injectors (HEUI) utilized by the PowerStroke engine.
Like any of the other electronic vehicle controllers found in today's vehicles, though, the IDM 7.3 is susceptible to damage from water intrusion and internal component failure. Such failures result in voltage drops, and if this happens, the engine could suffer from a severe loss of power or even no-start conditions. To make sure you're not left with expensive repair bills, Sinister Diesel offers a remanufactured 7.3 IDM.
For the remanufacturing process, each module is completely disassembled and remanufactured with NEW internal components that meet or exceed OEM specifications. To help prevent future damage, the case cover is replaced and the enclosure is modified and updated to prevent water intrusion. The case features Sinister Diesel's signature blue anodized finish.
Part Number: SD-IDM-7.3-99
- Fully Disassembled and Tested
- Remanufactured with NEW Components that meet or exceed OEM Standards
- Case Cover is replaced and the enclosure is modified and updated to prevent water intrusion
- 100% Tested prior to Shipping
- A cost-effective option to new OEM IDM
- 2 Year/24,000 Mile Warranty
- (1) Sinister Diesel Remanufactured IDM for 7.3L